Friday, November 04, 2005

Hirsute Hotties

I'm sorry, I feel I should be responding intelligently to Glass As Selves's concerns about dwelling in the aesthetic past, but I just had to share this with you all:

http://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/Gallery/gallery.html

My favourite is the rather woeful Eduardo of Mexico City, contestant in the "Sideburns" category.

(And about Glass As Selves's theory on why aesthetic "schools" pop up, I'm curious to test the milk part. I don't think we all drank the same kinds of milk growing up: I, for one, drank some vile soy-based milk substitute called Sobee or Sogee or something like that because I had a violent allergy to milk as a child. So if you guys end up forming a school and leaving me out, we'll know that it's mostly the milk.)

No comments: